The CISRE is staffed by registered polysomnographic technologists (RPSGTs) and nurses (RNs), and is supported by a dedicated sleep informatics team that assists with database management and provides round-the-clock technical support for acquisition of polysomnographic studies.
Our services include:
- Polysomnographic recordings (Polysomnographic recordings are scored by registered polysomnography technologists (RPSGTs) through a dedicated scoring hub.)
- Advanced airway monitoring
- Medication administration
- Intermittent venous blood sampling
- Quantitative measures of ventilation
- MSLT: Multiple Sleep Latency Tests (MSLTs) are a series of controlled nap sessions that clinically assess the degree of hypersomnolence. MSLTs have been clinically used to diagnose narcolepsy, idiopathic hypersomnia, and evaluate the effectiveness of therapeutic treatment on apneic patients.
- PVT: Psychomotor Vigilance Task (PVT) is a reaction-timed task that measures the speed with which subjects respond to a visual stimulus. Previous research has indicated that increased sleep deprivation correlates with deteriorated alertness, decreased psycho-motor skills, and increased rate of false responding.